MetaTrader’s family has expanded very much. So, what do we have here? We have a good old MetaTrader4, its younger, more advanced, and modern brother MetaTrader5 and completely new to trading – MetaTrader Web Trader.
There’s also a hippie-dippie member in the MT family – MT Multiterminal, still underappreciated by some traders. But not because it isn’t cool, just because they didn’t get to know it well.
Whichever of these trading platforms you choose, there are always a couple of handy functions and features that can make your life easier. It’s like cutting with a dull knife, and then bam – you get a Japanese chef’s kitchen knife with the sharpest blade. And the cutting process becomes faster and more convenient! It just feels right!
Picking the right trading platform is like having the sharpest kitchen knife
But enough about knives! We have 4 different trading terminals waiting to be reviewed, each has its own strengths. Luckily, they have no weak spots. Let’s start with the elder brother. Mr. MetaTrader 4, please take the floor:
MetaTrader 4. They never made MT3, just so you know
Metatrader 4 is the world’s first trading platform, designed for the general public. Before the advent of MT4, only banks and large investors with big money and huge turnover could access trading.
The MetaQuotes company thought that it was a shame that individual traders should just sit there and watch wealthy people making even more money. So, it decided to release a trading platform for self-trading with the following features:
- User-friendly and comprehensive. MT4 shows quotes in the form of charts. Of course, it seems natural and quite usual nowadays, but in the early 2000s, it was revolutionary.
- Indicators. Besides displaying the net price, we can enhance our chart and plot Stochastic, RSI and Bollinger bands on it. A great addition to candlestick analysis.
- Hedging. When you hedge a position you protect yourself from losses. A hedge is an investment aimed at reducing the risk of adverse price movements in a financial instrument. It’s when you open an offsetting position in the opposing direction, thus betting simultaneously on the rise and fall in prices. Large fund traders do this all the time, so we suggest you learn more about this strategy and how it works.
With the 4th version of MetaTrader, you get all the delights of trading. Straight out of your pocket. Trade on iOS, Android, Ubuntu, macOS, and Windows right after registration.
In 2010, MetaQuotes presented Metatrader 5 – a new, improved version of the trading platform with many new features:
- futures and stocks became available for trading
- more timeframes were added: M3, M20, H4, H6
- 6 types of pending orders with new buy-stop limit and sell-stop limit
- 38 indicators, 21 timeframes, and a great variety of trading assets – all these features you will find in progressive MetaTrader5.
The name speaks for itself, it indeed is a multi-terminal. The best thing about it is that it allows you to manage several accounts simultaneously. For example, you are a business owner, you have a team of traders and a circle of investors. Wouldn’t it be amazing if all their transactions could be displayed in one place?
Multiterminal – capital control: yours, your colleagues’ and investors’
You can handle up to 128 different accounts in a multi-terminal and simultaneously trade on them – and it will still work. Adjust your trades and the trades of your partners in 2 clicks – MT4 Multiterminal for Windows.
MetaQuotes company keeps up with modern technologies, so it explored cloud technologies too. MetaTrader Web provides access to the trading platform right from the browser on your laptop or smartphone.
With Metatrader Web you get:
- Super-fast interface. No slippage or requotes.
- Super reliable. Trade any amount. All your transactions are secured thanks to reliable encryption.
- Super simple. In the web version, they removed all unnecessary features – you will find only price charts, expert advisors and indicators here.
By the way, both MT4 and MT5 are available in the web version. You can switch between the two platforms with just one click:
Comfortable trading with MetaTrader Web: МТ4 and МТ5 in one place
So, which one to choose? Web, MT4 or MT5? Choose a platform version based on your needs.
Looking for stocks and futures? – pick MetaTrader 5.
Trading Forex using indicators or expert advisors? – both MetaTrader4 and Metatrader5 will work fine.
Looking for investors or already managing funds? – Multiterminal is your perfect choice.
That’s it for today. Let’s keep in touch! Follow us on Instagram and YouTube.