The MetaTrader 5 trading terminal is an improved version of MT4, widely known and popular among individual traders. Like its predecessor, this terminal will allow you to trade in financial markets with currency, oil, stocks, CFDs and futures. In addition, the MetaTrader 5 platform is equipped with indicators, news feeds, trading signals for copying, and algo-trading tools.
Install Professional Software in a Couple of Seconds
MetaTrader 5 is one of the most progressive terminals that allows each person to trade in financial markets on a professional level.
- MetaTrader 5 implements a powerful trading system with an order book, separate accounting of orders and trades. You have two order accounting modes traditional netting and hedging. Read more about this below.
- Depending on your goal, you can use four transaction modes: Instant Execution, Request Execution, Market Execution and Exchange. Please note that the trading mode is set by the broker for each financial instrument.
- The MetaTrader 5 platform supports all types of orders, including market, pending and stop orders, as well as trailing stop.
Two Position Accounting Systems
One of the distinctive features of MetaTrader 5 is the two order accountingmodes: the netting mode is adopted on exchange markets, while the hedging method can be used for Forex trading.
The netting mode combines all trades on one instrument into one position. For example, you sold EURUSD and decide to open another trade on this currency pair; in the case of a net accounting system, all trades on same instrument are combined into one.
While with a hedge, each new opened trade for a same asset will be accounted for as a separate trade. For each order, you can set the Stop Loss and Take Profit levels, as well as see the profit level.
Developers have implemented a large-scale platform for testing and debugging the work of trading robots and algorithms inside MetaTrader 5. This option will allow you to get more accurate test results and, to adjust the trading automation more subtly and purposefully, as a result.
Copying of trading signals has densely integrated the trading sphere and is no longer considered a new and outlandish way of earning money in financial markets. In contrast to the Mirror Trader platform, which is fully developed for copying signals, this option is also added to MetaTrader 5. In a sense, the new version of the MT5 strongly combines all the essentials.
Copying of signals in MT5 takes place according to the standard scheme: there is a database of traders who openly publish their trading history and allow each person to copy their orders. There are both free of charge access and nominal fee access.
All signal providers are sorted by trade indicators; the most successful among them are listed first.
Advantages of MetaTrader 5 in AMarkets
- 4 modes of execution: instant, request, market and exchange.
- More than 250 financial instruments for trading.
- 2 modes of position accounting: netting and hedging.
- Wide order book.
- Large database of indicators and advisors.
- 6 types of pending orders.
- Possibility to copy trades.
- Built-in market depth indicator.
- Built-in economic calendar and news in online mode.
- Trading signals for copying.
- Possibility to use AutoChartist signals for free.
- Trading in mobile application and browser.